Sunday, November 16, 2014

Another fun Sunday night

I will do just about anything so that I don't miss any of my weekly hockey games. Tonight was no exception as I postponed some work to another day so I could play. No regrets. Fun game as per usual. I think the only goal I got tonight (yes, I occasionally can't remember how many goals I got or if I scored at all) was a bad pass from their defenseman from behind their net. (always go up the boards!)

As I continue to work on trying to slow down the game in my mind I did have some success on one play where by slowing down and widening my peripheral vision I saw the trailing winger coming down the middle as I deked through the slot. I put a little drop pass through my legs right on his stick and he scored with a one-timer.

Another thing that I am working on is trying to change speeds as I enter their zone with the puck. This is working well and I often slow down, bounce it off the boards and then beat them to the puck.

I tried my fave hotdog move where I shoot with my stick through my leg. Luckily I didn't score on that one tonight as my pal the goalie said I would have had to walk home if I put that one in. Ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment