Sunday, November 2, 2014

More hat tricks!

Tonight I have an urge to write about my shinny hockey adventures. I am not totally sure why. I know
it is partly because I have been on a bit of a scoring streak. The funny thing is that no one will care about this other than me. I was pretty excited to pop my third goal in tonight to continue on my hat trick streak.

As I went out the door to my regular Sunday game my son said "get another hat trick Dad." I looked at the clock near the end of the game and knew I probably only had one or two shifts left to get a third goal and keep the streak going. Generally I enjoy setting up other people's goals as much or more than scoring. This time I left the bench as fast as I could skate. I stole the puck and flipped it it off the boards at centre ice. I won the race  and had a breakaway. I often fake left and go right with a high backhand and this was no exception. I remember regretting this decision mid deke as the goalie stopped me once earlier in the game with the same move.  This time I beat him.

I am at five or six hat tricks in a row. I think in the type of pickup hockey that I play; a hat trick (three goals) is the equivalent of one goal. My reason for this is that our final scores are often quite high. Tonight was typical; we won 9-8. I am still pretty happy to get one third of the goals and there were eight of us on our team tonight plus a goalie.

I have been working on my mental game in the last couple weeks. Trying to slow down my mind while I keep skating as fast as possible. I think I have made small steps towards this and hope to keep working on it. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment