Tuesday, December 9, 2014

hatrick plus one

I know I have not written much of late. I guess my groin injury is my current excuse for lack of goals.

Tonight's Leaf win has me in a good enough hockey mood to reflect back a couple nights to my four goal game. It was fun. The groin was tender but I was probably going at about 80%. Also there was a short bench which is when I always score more. If there are more people at a game I have a tendency to play more defense and let others score goals.

Sunday I started with a fun one from behind their net; I bounced it off the back of the goalies pad on purpose. Oh ya!  I had a breakaway goal where I did that hotdog move where you go one way with your body and the other way with the puck with only one hand on the stick. Goalies hate that but I have to say...I love it. I had a two on one where I faked the pass and shot across the goalie glove side top shelf. (someone asked me after the game how I do that. I have been practising my accuracy lately on my shooting and of course that brings confidence) When I got home I thought I only had three goals but I watched some hockey highlights, saw an empty net goal and remembered that I raced the goalie to a puck on the boards, beat him to it and slapped it in. Not too proud of that one.

All in all a pretty fun game. Training is helping my endurance for sure. With a short bench I still find I have something left at the end of the game. Good day at the gym today. Win Win. (me AND the Leafs!)


No comments:

Post a Comment