Friday, November 7, 2014

End of a pretty good streak

Well, this hockey blog thing may not last. Yes, I know this is only the second post but I had a pretty mediocre game today. Of the six or seven goals our team scored I think I was on the bench for most of them.

I certainly didn't continue with my hat trick streak. I did get one lucky one which made me feel a bit better. I was trying to pass it to someone in front and it got deflected by the other team.

I don't know what the score was because in this particular game we are less likely to keep score. I think maybe I was trying a bit too hard today. That certainly doesn't help you slow down your mind in a zen-hockey kind of way. I was aware of that while I was playing and tried to improve upon it. I was on the receiving end of a number of 2 on 1s. They were all quite high speed and I just couldn't seem to get my stick on the puck in the crease. (it is always a bit nerve wrecking going that fast towards the goal posts!)

For what its worth I enjoyed my bike ride to the rink but was pretty tired on the way home (even snowed a bit!) We played a half hour extra today and that makes for a supreme workout if you include the biking. I am feeling it now.

One other minor note that I will follow up on again is that my new skates are truly amazing. I feel I can skate so much faster and in control now. However, I am dealing with cold sore feet each game. I know a young man who plays Double AA hockey and when I told him that he said his feet hurt too. Not exactly a well controlled experiment.






No comments:

Post a Comment